THREE DAYS, THREE LOCATIONS, THREE NEW WORKSHOPS, THREE GREAT DANCES!
1) SATURDAY, APRIL 30th: White Salmon, WA & Hood River, OR
"Blues & Close-Connection"
Saturday, April 30th, 2011
Ari Levitt & Whitney Evans, teach a new workshop in:
“Mastering the Art of Close Connection II: New partner skills applicable to all dance styles that amplifies closer lead-follow connection!
WHEN: Saturday, April 30th, 2011
Workshop Schedule: “The Art of Close-Connection II” (12:30 - 4:30pm)
- 12:30 to 12:55: Registration, warm up, stretching...
- 1:00 to 2:00: “Creating Close Connection in Dance” — the foundations of Blues, Salsa, Swing, Tango!
- 2:15 to 3:15: "Rotational energy and Styling" --- Mastering turns, swivels, and rotational stretch.
- 3:30 to 4:30: “The Conversation of Dance" --- Leads and follows at play!
4:30 to 6:15 -- DINNER BREAK: lets all go grab a bite together! (locationTBA)
Evening Lesson and Dance (6:30 - 10:30pm):
- 6:30 to 7:30: "Night Club 2 Step 101" (free lesson with dance entry)
- 7:30 to 10:30: Open Dance -- A variety dances featuring Latin, Swing, Blues, and more!
WHERE: Mountain View Grange, 1085 Main Street, White Salmon, WA
DANCE CLASS DETAILS: No experience needed, no partner required. Register at the door (cash or check only).
REGISTRATION: Click on the Registration tab on the left side of this page to register for the workshop. After you register, click on the Payment tab to pay using your credit card or Paypal. We will also have registration & payment (cash or check only) at the door. Doors open at 12:30 if you need to come early to register.
PRIVATE LESSONS: Please contact Ari to arrange these individually (cost is $75/hr). Please also email Ari for any questions you might have: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) SUNDAY, May 1st: Portland, OR
"Fusion Waltz" & "Night Club 2-Step"
Two wonderful back-to-back workshops featuring new innovations in fusion waltz & night club 2-step. Fun! High Energy! Crazy cool! (Check the video page for some great visuals of each!)
WHEN: Sunday, May 1st, 2011
Workshop Schedule: (1:00 - 5:00pm)
- 1:00 to 1:15: Check in, registration, warm up, stretching...
- 1:15 to 3:00: WORKSHOP 1 -- New Adventures in Cross-Step Waltz
- 1a: Checks & Balances (to celebrate the end of tax season!)
- 1b: Lovely lilting "fusion waltz" combo's
- 3:15 to 5:00: WORKSHOP 2 -- Night Club 2-Step Innovations
- 2a: Fun & Fluid Right turn combinations
- 2b: Rotational energy with some very cool, flowing "open gate" combinations
5:00 to 6:00 -- DINNER BREAK: lets all go grab a bite together! (locationTBA)
Evening Dance (6:00 - 10:00pm):
- 6:00 to 10:00: Portland Dance Exclectic Spring Dance: Come celebrate "May Day" at this festive open dance featuring a mix of wonderful dance music from Waltz Eclectic.
WHERE: Portland's Historic Norse Hall, 111 NE 11th Ave, Portland, Oregon
COST: Pre-registration Prices (prices go up after April 25th)
$25 Workshop 1 only (waltz)
$25 Workshop 2 only (Night Club 2-Step)
$45 Workshop 1 & 2
$50 Workshop 1 & 2, and Dance (Full package!)
$10 Dance only (dance presented by Waltz Eclectic)
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
To register, email Uwe at CONNECTtoDANCE@gmail.com.
Please let him know the following for each person you are registering:
- You name
- Your Lead/Follow status
- The class(es) or package(s) you are registering for
Payment can be made by cash or check (by mail or in person) Uwe will provide further details when you contact him. Checks should be made out to "Waltz Eclectic". Prices will go up after April 25th. Thank you!
3) MONDAY, MAY 2nd: Portland, OR
"Monday Night Waltz, with lesson and DJ by Ari Levitt
WHEN: Monday, May 2nd
- 8:30-9:15 - mind-blowing workshop with Ari & Whitney (subject TBA)
- 9:15-9:45 - fabulous snacks
- 9:15-11:30 - dance, with Ari as special guest DJ spinning wonderful new tunes he recently brought back with him from Europe, Israel, and New Zealand. Not to be missed!
Lenora's Ballroom, 615 SE Alder, Portland OR, 97214
$10 for the workshop and dance, payable at the door by cash or check
FOR MORE INFRMATION:
or contact Marion at: email@example.com