Join us June 8th, 2013:
Uwe & Colleen teach
"Best Waltz Moves"
from their 2012/2013 Portland Classes
Uwe & Colleen love Waltz, love to teach Waltz, and are very excited to bring their favorite Waltz moves and material to Seattle!
Expect fun and high energy classes that will help you dance with flow and ease, lead with clarity and follow with grace and pleasure. You will learn beautiful and dynamic moves, from small to big, ready for the social and sometimes crowded dance floor.
Colleen and Uwe will address partner connection and pleasant styling. Uwe's simple and short Physics of Waltz demonstrations will show you helpful concepts for your waltz. Colleen will give you simple tools that will make your following flow.
Each class covers beautiful variations for the dance floor, as well as simple and fun skills to benefit your waltz. Dancers should have experience in a turning waltz. Most variations will offer several options of different skill level to challenge everybody.
WHEN: Saturday, June 8th, 2013
Three Workshops from 1:00 - 5:00pm (doors open at 1:00pm)
A) 1:15 - 2:20 "FUNdamentals -- Handy, Light & Powerful"
- Different ways of thinking about cross step
- Very handy moves for the social dance floor
- Shifting smoothly between lightness and power
B) 2:30-3:30 "Floating Weave & Exit Strategies"
- One or two of our favorite simple cross step variation
- Adjusting to space, speed and partner
- Exiting safely and gracefully in all situations
C) 3:40 - 4:40 "Instructor's Favorites"
- Workshops A,B recommended
- Adding challenging material, plus ...
- Clever set-ups for success and flow
WHERE: Washington Hall, 153 14th Ave, Seattle, WA
There is plenty of parking available on the street or in the adjoining lot. R
- PRE-REGISTRATION (June 1st - June 7th): $50 for all three workshops/$20 for one workshop
- AT THE DOOR (June 8th): $55 for all three workshops/$20 for one workshop
Pre-registration is highly encouraged to maintain lead/follow balance. You can pay online by Visa or PayPal. Cash or check at the door only, please.
VIDEO CLIP: Here, Uwe & Colleen demonstrate a beautiful waltz connection & frame technique that allows for graceful, free-flowing movement on the dance floor. In their workshop, they will teach how the same technique can be applied to the crowded dance floor as well:
A note from Uwe & Colleen: