May 31st, 2013
White Salmon / Hood River
BLUES FUSION WORKSHOP & DANCE:
FRIDAY, May 31st (7:30-9:30): Ari teaches "The Art of Blues Fusion" at the White Salmon Grange:
In the first part of the workshop, we’ll explore the foundations of blues dance, learn how to create “conversations” in our partnership (a skill that can easily translate to all the dance styles you do). In the second part, we’ll explore the world of higher-energy "blues fusion", borrowing moves and stylings from 1-step, tango, and other traveling dance forms and folding them into the walking blues or "juke" style that we know and love today. As with all Ari's workshops, major emphasis will be on lead/follow connection and partnering skills. (Perfect for all levels of dancers. No partner needed.)
- 7:00pm: Doors open (for registration, sign-in, change shoes, warm up, etc)
- 7:30-9:30pm: "Blues Fusion Workshop, Part 1&2"
- 9:30-11:00pm-ish: "Blues, Swing, Latin & Beyond" Variety Dance
LOCATION: White Salmon Grange, 1085 N Main Ave, White Salmon, WA
COST: $20 for Workshop & Dance, $7 Dance Only (Pay here by CC or PayPal, or by cash or check at the door)
CLICK HERE to go to registration page
CLICK HERE to go to payment page
June 1-3rd, 2013
PORTLAND, Oregon BLUES, SWING, WALTZ, ONE-STEP WORKSHOPS & DANCES:
BLUES, SWING, WALTZ, ONE-STEP WORKSHOPS & DANCES:
Join us for our Portland Workshops as well, June 1-3rd:
SATURDAY June 1, 2013: (in conjunction with Dance Eclectic)
A) Three Afternoon "Blues Workshops" with Ari
- 12:00 - 1:00: "Blues Foundations and the Art of Conversation #1”
- 1:15 - 2:15pm: "Blues Foundations and the Art of Conversation #2”
- 2:30 - 3:30pm: "Walking Blues - Spicing it up with some Higher Energy Flavoring"
Location: Paradise Ballroom, 826 SE Belmont, Portland, OR
B) Evening Lesson & Dance
- 7:30 - 8:30pm: Beginning Blues Lesson - "The Blues Connection" with Ari
- 8:30 -11:30pm: Blues Eclectic Dance, DJ'd by Dennis & Ari (A great mix of Blues, West Coast Swing, Blues, Waltz music and more)
Location: Norse Hall, 111 NE 11th St, Portland, OR
Cost: $15 for lesson and dance, $10 for dance only
SUNDAY June 2, 2013: (in conjunction with Connect To Dance)
Two 2-Hour Afternoon Workshops in Swing & Waltz with Ari
A) 1:45-3:45pm: Introducing "The New World of Swing-Fusion": Using alternate rhythms to create whole new variations and possibilities in your swing dance
- Hour #1: "The Cross-Step connection": Learn how cross-step waltz patterns can be applied to your swing!
- Hour #2: "Ari's Swing-Balboa Innovations": Attaching innovative 8-count balboa patterns to your ECS basic, and learning how to transition between the two.
Level: Intermediate. Comfort with basic East Coast Swing (6-count) steps recommended
Here's a video teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9siqFC5nl0
B) 3:45-5:45pm: Cross-Step Waltz: "Magical Waltz Moves & Innovations"
- Hour #1: "The Art of Illusion": Hidden hand changes and other clever slight of hand waltz moves to dazzle your partners and viewers.
- Hour #2: "Magical Motion": Playful combos that flow and glide -- a few of Ari's favorites from this year's best classes and workshops.
Level: Intermediate. Comfort with basic Cross-Step Waltz recommended
Here's a video teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwtifo9SXKE
Location: Polish Hall, 3832 N. Interstate Avenue, Portland, OR
Pre-Registration: $45 both workshops, or $25 for one
At the Door: $55 both workshops, or $30 for one
CLICK HERE to Register
MONDAY June 3, 2013: (in conjunction with Random Waltz)
One-Step Workshop, followed by "Mostly Waltz" Dance, with Ari
A) 8:30-9:30 pm: "One-Step Waltz" Workshop": Learn a little more about this most playful and versatile of dance! (Al levels)
B) 9:30-11:00 pm: "Mostly Waltz" Dance": Enjoy a wonderful mix of food & music (waltz, swing, nc2s, ballroom, latin, and more). DJ'd by Ari
Location: Lenora's Ballroom, 615 SE Alder, Portland, OR
Workshop & Dance: $15
Dance Only: $5
Here, Ari & Whitney demo a little "Latin-Blues" Fusion from one of their workshops
Here, Ari & Whitney demo a little from a recent "Blues Foundations" workshop
Here, Ari & Melanie improvise with a little "Balboa-ECS Fusion"
Cross-Step Waltz Teaser